Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Back to work

“Get up. It’s time to run.”

What are you talking about? I am still basking in the glow of accomplishing a PR in the race on Sunday.

“That was two days ago. What are you going to do for me today?”

Who are you anyway?

“I am the training schedule and I must be obeyed.”

OK. So what did you have in mind this morning? A 3-mile leg stretcher? Maybe 4.

“8”

You have to be joking. 8 miles?

“I am the training schedule. And I don’t joke.”

Dude, you need to lighten up.

“Mr. Dude, you need to get out of bed and run. 8 miles. Now get going.”

OK, OK, I’m going already.

“You will thank me on that hot day in June when you are going up and down hills for 13.1 miles.”

Don’t push it, buddy.

1 comment:

Iron Jayhawk said...

“I am the training schedule and I must be obeyed.”

Hhahaaa...love it. If it were my training schedule it'd be all "Helloooooo!? Remember me!?!?!"