Sunday, December 10, 2006

Anticipation

I have been developing and refining my ability to worry - and often come up with worst-case scenarios -- for many years. When I was little, my mom used to refrain from telling me the night before when I had a dentist appointment the next morning, knowing I would worry, worry, worry until the dawn.

Well, I can't really resort to that technique now. Especially considering that I am the one who made the appointment for tomorrow morning with the physical therapist.

Maybe he will finally help me figure out what is going on with my body. Or -- here's the product of Mr. Worst-Case Scenario: he'll tell me I can't run anymore.

Staying off the streets for nearly two months and still feeling pain can't be good.

I have only ventured out running once or twice since the Marathon Debacle. Both times I felt pains in my feet.

Then I dumped my running shoes in the corner of my closet and haven't touched them since. While my feet, and my knee, now are feeling much better -- dare I say, completely healed? -- the pain in my upper thigh still persists. Plus I have some sort of ache or pain in my lower back. That can't be good, right?

Good or bad, on Monday morning I should have some answers.

No comments: