Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Reset

Leaving the physical therapist's office yesterday, I carried a list of instructions for new exercises, a torturing device known as a foam roller.....and hope.

I am going to have to reset my conditioning and my strength.

My injury has caused my left leg to become noticeably weaker than its counterpart on the right. Thus, the exercises. The foam roller may not feel wonderful when being used, but it is remarkable in its ability to knead deep into tight muscles. My pathetically tight hamstrings also drew a rebuke. They very much could have contributed to the injury because it required my quads to bear so much more of the load.

So, the plan is to do the stretching and strengthening exercises twice a day.

But the good news is.....I can resume running!!!

Only about a mile at a time to start. But I'll take it.

No comments: