Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Lost and Found

Months of hard-won conditioning now have been lost....

Frustrating, it's true.

But I know this for a fact because I found it out while on a run....yeah, you read that correctly....A RUN!

My stretching has been going fairly well in recent days. I don't notice a ton of new flexiblity yet, but it has been successful enough to make the throbbing ache in my left hip recede into the background.

I laced up the Mizunos and hit the streets this afternoon. The first time in nearly two months.

Although I was taking it slow and steady, after only a few blocks I already could feel my heart pounding in my chest. Never thought it would feel so good to feel so out of shape. I was running again.

Heeding the advice I have been given, I cut it short after a mile or so.

Sure it was a short, short run. I barely was outside for anytime at all. But still, I felt pumped up and was radiating energy when I got home.

Definitely need to keep up on the stretching. The hamstrings remain a problem area. I get on my back, grab one leg just below the knee and then attempt to extend the leg straight to stretch the hamstring.

Anybody have other hamstring stretches that seem to do the job?

I'll try to resist the urge to run again tomorrow, but Friday? Well, I'll be out there again.

After a single outing and a distance that barely qualifies as a run, I know it's crazy to get too far ahead of myself, but I want to sign up for a race. This one looks interesting.....

No comments: