Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thankful

Greeting the morning with a run on city streets still quiet before the start of that day’s hustle and bustle truly is one of life’s great joys.

I am thankful.

Feeling my heart pump, my legs stride and my spirit soar as I ran PRs in two races this year makes me smile months later.

I am thankful.

Seeing Mrs. Oz and the Ozlings jumping and shouting by the side of the road, supporting me and cheering me on in a race is a wonderful gift.

I am thankful.

Laughing, joking and talking with a good friend so much on a Saturday morning long run that 10 miles go by seemingly in an instant.

I am thankful.

Getting encouragement, inspiration, camaraderie and even the occasional real-world hug from fellow Running Bloggers.

I am thankful.

Started my day with 7 chilly, but wonderful miles this morning. It felt great to get out on the road.

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody.

2 comments:

Topher said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Have you picked out your next race yet? Kind of slim pickin's for the next couple of months.

Iron Jayhawk said...

...I'm completely hijacking your Thanksgiving day post (which was beautifully written and I'm glad I got one of 'em real world blogger hugs)...

But...

We're breaking up. I don't think I can continue reading your blog without focusing on this big, massive, tearful chip on my shoulder.

I'm afraid it's over between us. :sigh: ...at least until we beat you. ...or until you find the err of your ways and convert to the good side. :)