Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Visions of spring

I remember it now as if it were a dream.

The bright sun warmed me as I stepped out of the car. I unzipped my fleece and tossed it aside.

The light gloves and hat remained on, but I would shed those soon after beginning the run. Unzipping my wind jacket to let the breeze in also brought welcome relief.

What a glorious run it was. No thigh-numbing cold. The tips of my hair sticking out from under my hat did not freeze over with ice crystals. My cheeks did not sting.

I soaked it all in, every minute. Every mile. This morning, as my cheeks once again were stinging, my thighs were feeling the grip of the cold and I had to keep flexing my fingers to get the warm blood flowing, I thought about the promise of spring’s imminent arrival and my recent run on a bright, pleasant morning.

Now, it seems like it was a dream. But, really, it was only Saturday.

3 comments:

Iron Jayhawk said...

We're supposed to be getting warmer weather this week in the midwest.

The end is close!!!!

Topher said...

Hope you were able to get out yesterday or today and enjoy the weather!

KC Stine said...

Hey, soon we'll be happy to have these cool days. Enjoy them now, summer is just around the corner