Thursday, January 24, 2008

How low can you go?



OK, I didn't know it at the time, but yesterday was...balmy.



I added the balaclava to my usual get up this morning. The extra warmth was appreciated, but it also sent my breath shooting upward, fogging my glasses and leaving me essentially blind as cars whizzed by while I tried to run on the shoulder of the streets.

So I risked a little frostbite and being T-boned by some careless motorist in the pre-dawn darkness. At least I got in a few miles.

No worries. Let's just say I eat danger for breakfast.

1 comment:

Margo said...

Every time I tell my husband that I would move to Missouri, he reminds me that I've always lived in Texas and don't know how to handle cold weather. He's right!! I don't think I would ever get out of bed in the winter. Good for you to get your run in!