Thursday, January 31, 2008

Racing the storm

Thought I heard footsteps chasing from behind on the run this morning.

Move out, pump it and get going. I attacked a hill even though it was early in the run and I should have remained in warm-up phase.

As I looked back over my shoulder I didn’t see any fellow runners on the road. But with all of the meteorological hubbub over the past 24 hours, I did envision the coming storm following in my tracks, trying to catch and overtake me.

The last weather report I read before I went to bed last night said we could get pounded with as much as 8 inches of the fluffy stuff today. Just checked again and they said, “Never mind.” Now it looks like we are in for one to three inches.

Either way, I sure enjoyed my dry pavement and a pleasant 29 degrees this morning.

No comments: